[This week in theaters]
‘Recep İvedik 3’
Recep İvedik (Şahan Gökbakar) shows signs of deep depression following the death of his grandmother. In the meantime, one of his distant relatives, Zeynep (Zeynep Çamcı), comes to İstanbul to attend university.
With Recep being Zeynep’s only relative in the big city, she will have to stay at Recep’s house for a few months. Now that Zeynep has been included in his life, Recep tries every kind of activity to socialize and get rid of his depression, including going to the theater and even attending karate classes. However, nothing seems to work for Recep.
Directed by: Togan Gökbakar
Cast: Şahan Gökbakar, Zeynep Çamcı, Mehmet Yumurtacı, Sevim Yatlılar
Taking place over the course of one Valentine’s Day, the all-star ensemble cast movie deals with casually intertwining stories of the heart.
Directed by: Garry Marshall
Cast: Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Bradley Cooper, Eric Dane, Patrick Dempsey, Hector Elizondo, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Garner, Topher Grace, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher, George Lopez, Shirley MacLaine, Queen Latifah, Emma Roberts, Julia Roberts, Taylor Lautner, Taylor Swift
- Author’s dive into Beatles story still has depths to explore
- French singer Zaz to perform at Bodrum’s new festival
- At 91, Marvel creator Stan Lee continues to expand his universe
- Ministry keeps names of authors to be funded under wraps
- 39th Toronto film festival unveils star-studded guestlist
- London statues talk to passersby in interactive project
- Tenor Şamil Gökberk named new director of İstanbul State Opera
- Spirit of Gezi protests recollected in PHOTO book
- Celebration of Polish art continues in Turkey until 2015
- Chet Faker set for İstanbul debut at Akbank Jazz Festival
- 12 films to vie for big prize at Adana Altın Koza festival
- İdil Biret focusing on Bach, Chopin in Ayvalık master class
- Turkish youth philharmonic begins 2014 tour in Sicily
- Action films bore me, says ‘Lucy’ director Luc Besson
- Music for Peace, Sistema Europe join forces for İstanbul concert
- Venice Film Festival director praises Turkish filmmaker
- Enthronement gifts for Abdülhamid II set for İstanbul display
- Golden Orange to host forum to boost Turkish cinema
- Director Reha Erdem to chair Altın Koza national feature jury
- ‘Mission Blue’ film charts scientist’s quest to save oceans
- 'The Babadook' Are you ready to open the cellar door?
- 21st Aspendos Opera and Ballet Festival to open with ‘Aida’
- New tricks can’t rescue ‘Expendables 3’
- Sarajevo fest marks 20th year with record number of films
- Turkey’s Zeytinli Rock Festival returns with all-Turkish lineup
- Dystopian young adult film ‘The Giver’ pits love over violence
- İstanbul rediscovers 1920s American dance Lindy Hop
- Betrayal births a ring of fire
- Gümüşlük Classical Music Festival ends on a high note
- 'THE KING'S CURSE'
- 'COLORLESS TSUKURU TAZAKI AND HIS YEARS OF PILGRIMAGE'
- CULTURAL AGENDA
- Netflix goes for laughs with new stand-up specials this fall
- Exhibition, book revisit Princes’ Islands sanctuaries
- Praise heaped on Borusan Philharmonic at BBC Proms
- Work by Diane Arbus, Herbert List set for İstanbul display
- Sarah Brightman headed to İstanbul before spaceflight
- Composer Altın vying for Grammy Awards in four categories
- Local film festival in coastal town marks ninth year