One dead of gas poisoning in cave in Karaman
One person died and two others were hospitalized after an incident of methane poisoning in a cave in Karaman province on Monday.
According to a report by the Anatolia news agency, the three people, who went on a picnic near the village of Lale with their relatives early on Monday, were poisoned by methane gas when they went into a cave near the picnic site. These three -- Zikri Özkur (52), Fikri Özkur (50) and Emir Özkur (20) -- were taken to Karaman State Hospital after they were found by their relatives. Zikri Özkur, however, died in the ambulance en route to the hospital. The other two were released from the hospital on the same day after receiving treatment.
An investigation has been launched into the incident.