63 motorcycle gendarmerie teams on patrol in 25 provinces
The Gendarmerie General Command has established 63 motorcycle teams to assist in carrying out their duties of law enforcement in 25 provinces across Turkey.
The motorcycle teams will maintain public order and ensure security in the rural areas for which where the gendarmerie is currently responsible. While the police force ensures security for 78 percent of the country, concentrated in urban areas, the gendarmerie maintains law and order in the remaining 22 percent, primarily in rural areas.
A total of 63 teams will be on duty in Adana, Afyonkarahisar, Ankara, Antalya, Aydın, Balıkesir, Bolu, Bursa, Çanakkale, Denizli, Edirne, Eskişehir, Muğla, İstanbul, İzmir, Kayseri, Kocaeli, Konya, Kütahya, Manisa, Mersin, Nevşehir, Samsun, Tekirdağ and Trabzon.
All gendarmes on the teams have received the training on motorcycles and will patrol touristic areas open to traffic, along coastlines, forested areas and areas that are closed to traffic.