13 March 2009 /TODAY'S ZAMAN WITH WIRES
A family of four died of carbon monoxide poisoning in İstanbul yesterday, the Anatolia news agency has reported. A leaky stove in the family’s one-story house, located in the city’s Sultanbeyli district, was cited as the source of the poisonous gas. Relatives grew suspicious after numerous unanswered calls, the Anatolia reported.
They then went to the family’s house and, upon no answer at the door, entered the home through a window. Once inside, they saw the father, Süleyman Yeşilyurt (43), his wife, Nahide (40), and their children Oğuzhan (14) and Mikail (11) lying inert. The bodies were taken to a morgue following a police investigation.