Turkish minister says Turkey did not join operation

March 20, 2011, Sunday/ 12:30:00

Turkish State Minister & Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arınç said that Turkey did not join the international operation against Libya.

When asked by journalists whether Turkey would take part in the air strike against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's forces, Arınç said, "the prime minister and the foreign minister have already indicated earlier that Turkey did not join the operation. A crisis desk has been established at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to follow developments."

"We hope that situation will back to normal in Libya as soon as possible," he told reporters.

"There are several countries which came into prominence in implementing the UN resolution. Turkey fulfils its responsibilities. We wish that the United Nations had made such resolutions and countries had taken action in the face of incidents in Gaza, Palestine and the other regions," he concluded.

Arınç's remarks came after a meeting with the governor and mayor of the southwestern province of Denizli.

LATEST NEWS
Other Titles
Click For More News