Kozinoğlu kept tabs on MİT’s Fidan, and family, daily claims
Former National Intelligence Organization (MİT) official Kaşif Kozinoğlu kept tabs on MİT Undersecretary Hakan Fidan and his family and shared this information with the owner of the neo-nationalist Odatv news portal, Soner Yalçın who is currently under arrest, according to the Taraf daily.
The İstanbul 10th High Criminal Court issued a detention warrant for Kozinoğlu last week as part of an ongoing investigation into Ergenekon, a clandestine criminal group accused of working to overthrow the government. Kozinoğlu is accused of membership in Ergenekon. He is reported to be abroad.
Taraf reported on Tuesday that police seized a large number of documents at Kozinoğlu’s home and office during a raid last week. The documents included pieces of detailed personal information about Fidan and his family. The documents also showed whom Fidan regularly met with and the home addresses of his close friends. Photographs of Fidan and his family were also among the documents seized from Kozinoğlu’s home and office. The documents were reportedly prepared shortly before Fidan was appointed MİT’s undersecretary last year. Fidan served in the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) as a noncommissioned officer for 15 years between 1986 and 2001. During his time in the military, he also worked at NATO’s German-based Allied Rapid Reaction Corps (ARRC). He later resigned from the military and worked as a political and economic consultant.
Civilian prosecutors involved in the Ergenekon investigation are now focused on finding out why Kozinoğlu prepared the documents and shared them with Yalçın. Yalçın was arrested last month on charges of membership in Ergenekon and seizing and publishing confidential state documents. Taraf also alleged that Kozinoğlu is expected to return to Turkey on Thursday at the latest to testify to Ergenekon prosecutors as part of the probe.
- Openly resentful of party, Gül reveals Davutoğlu as new prime minister
- Outgoing first lady breaks silence on criticism, promises ‘intifada'
- Atalay declares 'direct talks with Kandil'
- Testimony of police officers taken 30 hours after detention
- TurkStat : Age of youngest reported bonzai users drops below 11
- Southeast simmers as tension escalates after demolition of PKK statue
- MHP leader: Official Gazette's delay of election results unlawful
- Man strangles stepmother in Bursa
- PKK makes $50-100 million per year from heroin smuggling
- PKK attacks outpost construction site in Tunceli's Hozatlı district
- Skyscrapers damaging İstanbul skyline to be demolished
- 155 illegal immigrants detained in Fethiye
- Turkey ranks 128th in the Global Peace Index
- Education Minister asked about discrimination claims
- Chamber of Architects warns preservation board over AOÇ
- Council of State permits probe into YÖK head
- Bursa man seeks justice for son, beaten by police instead
- Principal appointments begin in suspense
- 1 more police officer placed under arrest pending trial
- Turkish lieutenant killed, another soldier injured in PKK attack
- Mother mourns loss of son to underage driver
- Public role in $30-bln airport financing scrutinized
- More wounded Palestinians transferred to Turkey for treatment
- Gov't tries to hush up scandalous espionage and tender rigging charges
- Official Gazette delays release of election results, PM given time
- At least 34 injured in Kastamonu bus accident
- Site of 700-year-old tomb marred by dorm construction
- Erdoğan gov't expands ban on media coverage for public event
- Reactions grow over profiling allegations against AK Party government
- Search efforts intensify for 5 İstanbulites missing at sea
- Government says considering talks with PKK's military wing
- ‘Law mandates Erdoğan both resigned and ex-prime minister'
- Officers deny wrongdoing on way to testify at court
- Argument between bus drivers leaves one dead
- Deputy Bal describes anti-police operation as psychological warfare
- 5 youths taken to ICU after bonzai drug trip in Bursa
- EGM report calls police operations into graft probes ‘success'
- Number of children who have drifted into crime increases 14.5 percent
- Number of people seeking psychological help triples
- One killed in Lice clashes over removal of statue of PKK member
- 78 CHP provincial heads announce support for Kılıçdaroğlu