Two miners died due to a gas leak at a chrome mine in the Zara district of Sivas province on Thursday.
İdris Ekinci, Gökhan Kuştemur and Fatih Şahin, who all worked at a chrome mine in the Dürgenağlı region of Zara, inhaled gas while working in the mine. All three were found unconscious by other workers during a change of shift.
The miners were later taken to Zara State Hospital by ambulance. Ekinci and Kuştemur died soon after arriving at the hospital. Şahin remains in critical condition. The two men's families came from Adana and Kayseri to collect the bodies.