Four Pozantı prison personnel removed in wake of rape claim

March 02, 2012, Friday/ 15:39:00

Four personnel at the Pozantı Juvenile Detention Center have been removed from their posts amidst allegations of sexual abuse of minors by adult inmates in the prison.

Justice Minister Sadullah Ergin said on Friday that the four officials who were removed from their posts include the deputy director of the detention center. He also said 200 minors in the prison will soon be transferred to Sincan Prison, where they will stay in single rooms.

The Justice Ministry announced in a statement released on Sunday that three inspectors were sent to the Pozantı Juvenile Detention Center to launch an investigation into claims made in July of last year that a young inmate was raped at the Adana-based institution. “Every measure will be taken at the end of these inspections and no issue will be left in the dark,” the statement said.

 

LATEST NEWS
Other Titles
Click For More News